Proof of vaccination or Covid recovery and wearing a mask are no longer required for your visit. Nevertheless, we would like to recommend that you continue to wear a mouth-nose protection during your visit for infection prevention.
We look forward to your visit!
More information: Planning your visit
TEMPORARY ROOM CLOSURES OF THE COLLECTION OF MODERN ART
In the course of setting up the exhibition Mix & Match, there will be temporary room closures until summer 2022. From the end of March, we will gradually reopen the rooms. This will give you an insight throughout the year into the making of our major anniversary exhibition "MIX & MATCH. Rediscovering the Collection," which will open on September 14. We look forward to your visits!
The following rooms are currently accessible:
- Rooms 1-4, 17 | "MIX & MATCH
with works by Ida Applebroog, Max Beckmann, Joseph Beuys, Aenne Biermann, David Claerbout, Lovis Corinth, Rineke Dijkstra, Otto Freundlich, Tadeusz Kantor, Paul Klee, Jochen Klein, Carl Lohse, August Macke, Martin Parr, Pablo Picasso, August Sander, Rosemarie Trockel, Adolf Ziegler,and others. (from 20.06. to 24.06.2022 rehangings in room 2-4)
- Rooms 10-14 | with works by Georg Baselitz, Joseph Beuys, Florence Henri, Jenny Holzer, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Käthe Kollwitz, Germaine Krull, Maria Lassnig, Franz Marc, Paul Pfeiffer, Pablo Picasso, Gerhard Richter, Thomas Steffl, Amelie von Wulffen, and others
- Rooms 18-20 | Joseph Beuys (room 18 and 19 accessible until probably 26.06.2022)
- Rooms 27-33, 35 | Slavs and Tatars, Haubitz & Zoche, Dan Flavin, Anselm Kiefer, Palermo, Robert Motherwell, Willem de Kooning, Franz Josef Kline, Robert Rauschenberg, Cy Twombly (from 20.06.2022 room 30a will be closed until further notice)
- Room 34 | "Emil Nolde. My Way of Painting..."
On view soon:
- Rooms 5-9, 15-16 | "MIX & MATCH" | probably from mid of June
with works by Georg Baselitz, Giorgio de Chirico, Katharina Grosse, William Eggleston, Tracey Emin, Florence Henri, Axel Hütte, Wassily Kandinsky, Germaine Krull, Zoe Leonard, Olaf Metzel, Nicholas Nixon, Neo Rauch, Albert Renger-Patzsch, Fritz Winter, and others
Stay up to date
With the new newsletter of the Pinakothek der Moderne we will inform you monthly about the programme of the 4 museums of the Pinakothek der Moderne. Never miss an exhibition opening or event again and stay informed about art education highlights and special offers for children and families.
Welcome to the
Pinakothek der Moderne
One House, 4 Museums
Housing four museums under one roof devoted to art, works on paper, architecture and design, the Pinakothek der Moderne ranks as one of the greatest collectors of artworks in Europe. Its trans-disciplinary approach – as expressed in its concept of “four-in-one” – is both visionary and, for the most part, unique.
Ever since it was founded, the Pinakothek der Moderne has continued to offer a single ticket that allows visitors to discover all four of the art disciplines on display, to develop new perspectives and to experience them in all their diversity and topicality.
The central feature of the Pinakothek der Moderne complex is its imposing glass rotunda, which serves as a vibrant place of encounter and acts as point of departure for the continual stream of exhibitions, tours and cultural events.
Discover the whole variety of four disciplines
Become friends of the Pinakothek der Moderne and take part in exclusive guided tours, previews, visits to artist studios, discussions with artists and trips
Follow us on Instagram